Rockwell EN2T sending SNMP message?

mugged99

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible for an EN2T card along with an L7x processor be used to send SNMP protocol messages? I'm pretty sure the card can receive SNMP queries but not sure if it can source them.

Basically I'm looking to retrieve data from a piece of hardware that is SNMP enabled (an SNMP agent) over Ethernet/IP using the PLC.

Any ideas?

Thank you

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible for an EN2T card along with an L7x processor be used to send SNMP protocol messages? I'm pretty sure the card can receive SNMP queries but not sure if it can source them.

Basically I'm looking to retrieve data from a piece of hardware that is SNMP enabled (an SNMP agent) over Ethernet/IP using the PLC.

Any ideas?

Thank you

In the S7 world, I've used a published SNMP library to change which wireless access point an AGV was looking for as it moved around. No reason I can think of shouldn't be possible in AB land.

The question is if there is an existing library, or if you have to build it from scratch with open socket messaging.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Since Prosoft will sell you a dedicated card to do SNMP protocol, and to do the polling of the various 'layers' .. I'd guess that it's not easy to do.

A quick search of Knowlegdebase gave me tech notes on what the default Rockwell passwords are, how to change them, which products support SNMP. No info on how to source SNMP messages.

It may be possible ... I have not been successful in searching Knowledgebase in the past .. I may be using bad search terms

SNMP - Not so Simple?...

mugged99 said:
...I'm trying to figure out if it's possible for an EN2T card along with an L7x processor be used to send SNMP protocol messages?

First...

493224 - SNMP commands from a ControlLogix PAC
Access Level: TechConnect

So that's a Roger...and that information also now pertains to many more products besides the older 1756-EWEB...

470690 - Open Sockets Support in ControlLogix and CompactLogix

...and some reference material and examples...

48879 - Summary of Logix Open Sockets Information

Regards,
George

First...

493224 - SNMP commands from a ControlLogix PAC

So that's a Roger...and that information also now pertains to many more products besides the older 1756-EWEB...

470690 - Open Sockets Support in ControlLogix and CompactLogix

...and some reference material and examples...

48879 - Summary of Logix Open Sockets Information

Regards,
George

Thanks Geospark. You are obviously much better at this searching thing than I am.

I am always amazed at what information I am not able to locate in Knowledgebase!