iFix and IGS Comms

kmayreis

Hello all,

I found a few related threads but none seemed to resolve my issue, hence the new post.

I am working on migrating an existing iFix database (v4.0) to a new version of iFix (5.9) and communicating via IGS v7.63 instead of ABR and RSLinx.

My existing addressing on a DI block looks like this for the ABR setup:
FILT1:N100:2:5

In IGS, I think it should look like this:
WWTP.FILT1.Global.N100_x.N100_02.[5]

IGS appears to accept that, because I do not get an error in the IGS Event Log. When formatting different than that, I did get errors (i.e. "..N100_02.[05]" results in a "Unable to read tag." error.

Despite no error from IGS, my iFix DB shows ????? for that tag. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

IGS is rebranded Kepware OPC server. You can find the Allen Bradley driver document some where on your PC.

or you can get from this link:

https://www.kepware.com/getattachme...e29a2eaecac/allen-bradley-ethernet-manual.pdf

Also, iFix DB is picky sometime about it's format. You may have to specifically append @BOOL or @FLOAT to the end, for example.

I haven't dealt with SLC type tag for a while... have you tried just WWTP.FILT1.N100:2.5 or 2/5?