Siemens TP1500 HMI font

snaoum

Using V11 I wanted to use Dakota font for all number displays.

In V11 I went into the HMI language and font settings and added Dakota font to configured font 2.

I then went to a numeric readout display, and changed the font from Tahoma to Dakota. Looks great. When I download the project to the HMI, the HMI continues to display the numeric object with Tahoma.

I cannot get the Dakota font to download/show in the HMI. If I run the project on my PC as a simulation it shows up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I dont know how you have managed to select the font Dakota for a TP1500 panel.

For PC RT, you have many fonts available.
For Panels, you only have Courier and Tahoma fonts. // edit: These are the Fixed Fonts.

This applies to both WinCC Flexible and WinCC v11.
I have just checked this again to be sure.

edit: I see what you mean. It is possible to change the Configured Fonts, but there is no help how to transfer the font to the panel.

edit #2: Maybe try the 'Extended download to device'.

Last edited:
I tried the extended download and no luck, the font somehow doesnt not get downloaded onto the HMI. So it can be configured and shows up on the PC and PC runtime but never makes it to the HMI to display that font. Something I am missing I am sure of it.

Since the selection is there, then it ought to work.
I wont be surprised if this is a feature they haven't really implemented yet.
Contact Siemens for Support.
And post the result here.