You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread November 17th, 2019, 12:46 PM   #1
Ivan01
Croatia

Book AS-Interface control cabinet module

Hello everyone,

can somebody please explain me what is the function of this relay. I can't understand it from their datasheet. Thanks.

https://www.ifm.com/ua/en/product/AC2258?tab=details
Unread November 17th, 2019, 01:16 PM   #2
rkukl
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Appears to be a ASi bus remote I/O module. A programmable device with 4 input and 4 outputs. to determine what Outputs are programmed to do you would need to gain access to the device.
have never used one but there are some instructions on the download tab at link you provided.
Perhaps, IFM support could help lead you in the right direction?
best of luck
Unread November 17th, 2019, 01:21 PM   #3
JRW
United States

That’s the way I see it too
So somewhere on your asi network is a controller.
Unread November 17th, 2019, 01:26 PM   #4
AustralIan
Germany

Yup. Uses the AS-Interface fieldbus on terminals A+ and A-.
Follow the wire.
Unread November 17th, 2019, 05:29 PM   #5
jdbrandt
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkukl View Post
Appears to be a ASi bus remote I/O module. A programmable device with 4 input and 4 outputs. to determine what Outputs are programmed to do you would need to gain access to the device.
have never used one but there are some instructions on the download tab at link you provided.
Perhaps, IFM support could help lead you in the right direction?
best of luck
The first place to start, with ANY unknown AS-I device, is to determine its network address...01A 31B. For this you will need a AS-I programmer.
Then, determine which AS-I master it is connected to.
After that, trace the master's Input/output image back to the Host that controls it.
Unread November 19th, 2019, 03:43 AM   #6
parky
United Kingdom

There is another way well.. possible.
There will be an ASI controller card in the PLC with a LED display, this will show faulty or missing units. If you disconnect the module but leave all others connected the ASI control card should show you the address, however if you break the loop then it will poll through the missing addresses. In all the systems I have worked on we ensured that all ASI interfaces, I/O or ASI Sensors were marked up with node address & drawings were also marked up. We would normally re-address a new unit with an ASI programmer this is simple plug in the module to the programmer, press read to get original address, then set the address to the one required (remember there are now A&B addresses so 64 in total). press write & it is configured to the Address.
On some systems, provided you only have one node in error, plugging in a ASI module/prox etc. that has an address of 0 will be configured to the address of the one that is missing (I believe this is done by putting the ASI control card into scan mode). It's been a few years since working on these so things may have moved on a bit.
ASI is a good system, however there are a few problems that can arise then faultfinding. If more than one unit is faulty (or one unit is dragging down the rest) then it will show all addresses as faulty, length of runs if near to max length can cause intermittent faults.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum