SIWAREX WP521/522 S7-1500 Tia Portal V15.1

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have looked and looked (obviously in the wrong places šŸ™ƒ)

Im after some examples of both loss in weight and gravimetric feeders (platform screw convey type) for an S7-1500 with WP521 or WP522 SIWAREX cards

So if anyone can link me to an example that would be good - I have read the SIWAREX ones on calibration with an op panel and stuff but not found any that specifically run an ac/dc motor for loss in weight etc

And yours doesnā€™t do loss in weight ... only weighing
Which was my point

Thanks

After a lot of thought and research we are going to use the WP321 weigh modules on distributed IO and do the loss in weight in the 1500 plc

Ive heard its quite an endeavor writing that code

Keep us posted

I have a huge heads up on it - I have a full blown 8 feeder array all done in a 5/04 plc - Its superb and written years back by a very knowledgeable chap that has since retired. So i just need to dig the code out and transpose it for the S7 which should be relatively painless as its been written well and fully commented.

Also found some code from a German machine using a WP231 on an S7-1200, no refill but loss in weight and all done in SCL and looks very nice.

Ok - I have two pieces of code to look at to do a LIW system

The first is a 5/04 and basically it takes a weight reading every 1second on a timed interrupt and also uses the scan time in this

The second is an S7-1200 and it doesn't use a timed interrupt it uses the 200mS clock pulse register and also the scan time in the equation (RUNTIME)

I didn't think the clock compared to the interrupt was that accurate ?

Any thoughts......

Did a LIW some years ago in a Omron CJ2 PLC. Satorius PR5210 weighing transmitter on profibus. I used an local filter in the transmitter.
In the PLC a 100msec pulse. 50 size shift register + a lowpass filer.
Every 100 msec calculated the delta kg (gram) from the weighing tansmitter. Error in dosing was less than 1 %. Dosing control via PID. When filling freeze the shift registor and change PID to man. mode. Filling done init. the delta weight and change back PID to Auto.
Banker