using a mitsi plc to get data

AndEdtec

What I need to do is read and store a time under a certain condition.
I'm not sure if I need a fancy "hmi" to do this.

I have a sensor which is made on every cycle or operation "every minute" a machine does, I have written a rung with the condition, each time the sensor comes on it starts a timer which is say 30 mins. If the timer is allowed to ellapse then I simply want to record the time.

I have a few ideas but was hoping for a point in the right direction.
I don't really want to use a Hmi, i just want to collect my time with my PC.

Andy

Not quite sure what you want to do; Do you want to know how many times the machine has been idle for 30 mins or do you want to know the total time?
You could set the timer to pulse a retentive counter each time it times out. Then make the timer reset.
Then monitor the counter for the number of times the timer has timed out. Make provisions for the counter to reset itself above a certain number in case you leave the company or die.
(That was an attempt at humour BTW)

machine idle

What i actually want to do is know when a machine is idle.
is there anyway of getting a value from a clock and when it's idle to store the time i.e 12.00 pm and another flag could store the time it starts in a data register.

i thought about building a clcok in ladder with timers and counters but surely there must be an easier way.

hope this is a bit clearer?

There is a way to do that, but off the top of my head I do not know the exact D register to MOVe. Which brand of mitsi is it, not all have internal clocks.
I will get the book out to check the registers the time is stored in.

If you are using a Mits Fxon, you will need a real time cassette ( Fx-RTC )

The data will then be stored in the following D registers.

Seconds D 8013
Mins D 8014
Hours D 8015
Date D 8016
Month D 8017
Year D 8018
Day of week D 8019

I've never used a RTC my self, but i hope this helps

Regards

Lightning UK