AB KT type communication

plcisgreat

P
Does A-B have a communications cable that can be used with all the processors?

Simple answer is NO...AB uses different connectors...ie RS232 which is normally 9 pin serial but may also be a mini din. DH485 (a form of RS485) may use a 4 wire connector or an RJ connector. Ethernet is also done thru an RJ connector.

Closest you can get is to use a laptop with a 1784-PCMK/B and the variety of cables needed to connect to all but Ethernet...that can be done with a regular net card and cat 5 cable.

AB covers a lot of different devices,Panelview's use a variety of cables too. THE above was for the PLC's.

Similar Topics

Hello all, I have been implementing a CAN based communication protocol. During reading the documentation I have found that there are several data...
Replies
Views
Dear all, I tried to download program on a S7-300 PLC (CPU 315-2PN/DP)that is not done. But the same program I tried on the same other PLC CPU...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am learning to create shapes and VB Scripts in HMIWeb Display Builder. I wanted to change color of my rounded rectangle by script. I...
Replies
Views
I have an AB micro820 analog inputs takes word datatype to scale my input to 0-100% , i need to know the word datatype range does anyone knows...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom