Inactive Users that used to be very Active

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I know that Lancie left after his 10,000th post

but how come
PLCKid
or
Geospark
are no longer active all of a sudden, I learned alot from all of them.

anyone know?

I've been hanging around here for almost as long as there has been a here to be hanging around. People have always come and gone. Generally, when they leave there isn't an explanation. Lancie is one of the exceptions. We would never have known about RSDoran had his widow not notified us of his passing. Sometimes people leave and return under new handles like Iant and rootboy. Whenever a prolific member stops participating it leaves a big hole, but what I like most about this forum is that inevitably someone steps up to fill it.

Sometimes people leave and return under new handles like Iant and rootboy.

Ahhh, so you know that I'm posting under an assumed name... :)

What happened was that under my old handle, which has been so long ago that I can't even remember what it was, my account was tied to an ISP here in Tennessee. The owner up and fled, err, moved, to Belieze and left us high and dry.

I've been here for 9 years...wow time flies. I missed the Lancie1 10000 post event in 2015...any story behind leaving for good at 10000 or it was just time?

Ahhh, so you know that I'm posting under an assumed name... :)

What happened was that under my old handle, which has been so long ago that I can't even remember what it was, my account was tied to an ISP here in Tennessee. The owner up and fled, err, moved, to Belieze and left us high and dry.

Where in TN are you?

I know one user who changed his logon name some years ago to something less personally identifiable but he is still a prolific poster and serial help giver.

Nick

Whenever a prolific member stops participating it leaves a big hole, but what I like most about this forum is that inevitably someone steps up to fill it.

There is still a hole from a few that their personalities were larger than life, Terry Woods, Ron Doran, Elevator Mike and several others... Ron was a good moderator (before we had any) and Terry was a great **** stirrer :) but I agree, most of the time someone else will step up and help with the technical issues

I know one user who changed his logon name some years ago to something less personally identifiable but he is still a prolific poster and serial help giver.

Not sure... but L D[AR2,P#0.0] (WAG) I think he has 5k post under the old name and would fall under the 'serial giver'

I've been here for 9 years...wow time flies. I missed the Lancie1 10000 post event in 2015...any story behind leaving for good at 10000 or it was just time?

Wow, that was 2 years ago? Time flies. I look forward to retirement myself, someday a long way away...

Yep, know where it is. I passed by there a couple years ago when I was doing a job in Pulaski.

Speaking of middle of no where, how are things in you part of the state? Did you have any fires?

I did a year-long job in Newbern, TN last year. Lewisburg isn't so bad... :)