HSC counter s7 200

ungaro

Hi,
I'am using a HSC counter (s7-200 PLC siemens)to measure a lenght but I want to disable the counter when a certan input is high without resetting the value of the counter. What is the easiest way to do this. Can I do this with the same subroutine that I use to enable the counter?
Thanks

Stopping a HSC

I believe if you disable the counter it will just stop counting and the when you enable it it will begina again at the same place. Instructions from the help file below:

Disable a High-Speed Counter (Any Mode)
The following steps describe how to disable the HSC1 high-speed counter (any mode):

1. Load SMB47 to disable the counter:
SMB47 = 16#00 Disables the counter

2. Execute the HSC instruction to disable the counter.

The special memory bit SMx7.5 (e.g. for HSC1 SM37.5) within the
configuration byte SMBx7 is responsible if the HSC value would be
reset while start or not.

Easiest way is to put merker parallel to SM0.1
SM0.1--|---[SUB_0] HSC Subroutin
M0.0---|
if M0.0 is active, HC0=0 and Counter is disable.
M0.0 is "0" , HSC starts to count.

Attached program has got HSC and TD200 example