How to start learning for Programming Step 7 300

V.santosh

Dear all,

I am new in the field of the Siemens programming buddies ..but i have to take care of programming of STEP 7 300 (specially Ver5.3)
for the Industrial use.
So ,from where to start is a big question for me ? , I found this site which may better help me..

I think i must start from STEP 7 200 ,what u suggest & how is possible to learn in short time..

Thanks.

V.Santosh

There are 3 Step 7 families.

S7-200, small application PLC programmed with the Siemens MicroWin package.

S7-300, medium to large and S7-400 Large applications. Both these are programmed using Siemens Step 7, current version 5.3.

So no, 200 will not really help.

What PLC background do you have, what type of programming are you used to, ladder??