I cannot activate RSView SE

elmauz

Hi all..
now i have project with AB Controllogix and RSView SE. I have problem when installing RSView and move the activation from floppy disk. After install and move the licence, the RSView SE still on Demo mode..Whats wrong with that? Before installing RSView, of course Factory Talk and RSLinx has been installed. Are RSLinx need activation too?

Hello elmauz;
Try this: shutdown the RSLinx program before you try to move the activation (right-click on the RSLinx icon on the right side of the tool bar on the bottom of your screen, next to the time display).es when my licenses refused to transfer. RSLinx will restart automatically when you start a program that requires it.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

tnx Daniel..
I've try your suggest. RSLinx on my computer is not activated yet, so it is Run as Runtime Services. After STOP/Shutdown RSLinxNG.exe, and Run RSView Studio again, and choose Machine Edition product. the RSView ME still show as Demo mode. The licence i have are for RSView SE Station 100 Displays and has moved to the computer. Why RSView still didn't recognize the licence? Demo mode also show when i choose RSView SE Stand-alone. In my friend computer the licence Recognize and Run normally, are this is because His RSLinx Enterprise has activate before?
note: I use RSView for Versaview 1500w.

Last edited:
There is two activation avaliable for rsview sE server & client actvation which key you have moved rsview se studio is showing demo mode?

Rs view se studio key ----RSV.STUDIO

Rsview se client runtime key 100 pages---- RSVSE.100

Rsview se server 100 pages ---- RSVSESrv.100

i have this :
Rsview se client runtime key 100 pages---- RSVSE.100

demo mode occurs in Machine edition and SE Stand-alone Edition.

It's confusing, isn't it? Let me try to summarise:

RSView Studio is the product that creates RSViewSE/ME applications. RSViewStudio ME is just for ME, RSViewStudio SE can do both.

RSViewSE Server actually runs the SE application that you create in RSViewStudio SE but it has no user interface.

RSViewSE Client provides the user interface for the application running on RSViewSE Server.

In order to get these products fully functional you load them from your CD and then install an activation onto your PC(s) (All the components can run on the same PC or all of them can run on different PCs).

So far so good. The confusing part is that the software also has a "Demo Mode" which allows you to use it (with various restrictions) before deciding if you want to buy it. The demo mode is what you get when you load from CD but don't put an activation on the PC. The activation that you've put on is for an SE Server and it won't "turn on" your RSViewStudio; RSViewStudio is therefore forced to run in Demo mode.

All you've got to do is spend some more money.........:cry: