A 'Rare' Siemens S5 Power Output Module???

SPS Steurung

Does anyone have experience with the Siemens 6ES5-776-7LA13 Power Output Module? It was generally used on thermo-forming machines to control a large number of small heaters. It was replaced in the late 1990's by the Siemens HS724i system.

I am looking for a user manual or any information possible on it. And yes I have tried the Siemens Website and found very little information. I even tried Siemens tech support but they could not even verify the part number (after waiting 4 weeks I don't think they are going to call back). The only place I have found to purchase these modules from is www.classicautomation.com.

My actual question is whether or not there is a derating factor on the module when all 8 outputs are on continuously at 100% output. The individual outputs are rated for 500w but the OEM of the thermo-former (who is out of business) used 400W heaters. I believe this maybe because of a de-rating factor of the module but with out any information or tech support from Siemens I can not safely verify this.

P.S. Does anybody know of a good Siemens Distributor in the Great Lakes Area?

I believe that usually the last two digits are the release number, generally backward compatible, so a 13 could be used to replace an 11 etc.