S5 CPU100U programming s/w & cable

djthune

I need to find current programming software and cable to connect a Windows Laptop to an S5-100U PLC. The model on the CPU is 6ES5 100-8MA02.
Does this take a standard serial cable to connect or do I need another special cable? What is the best software to use? I found some on Softwaretoolbox.com and they have several cables as well.

Thanks in advance.
djthune

I found the software and cables. Software looks straitforward enough. I'm concerned a little bit on specifying the cable. I can't seem to find any specific information from Siemens or elsewhere on what the port on the front of the PLC is. I would hope it would be a standard serial port, but the IBH cables on the Software Toolbox site seem to indicate otherwise? Can anyone point me to better info about the programming port on the front of the CPU? (CPU model 6ES5 100-8MA02)