1756-en2f

JCreel

Hello, i have a 1756-EN2F adapter that i am trying to connect to a Stratix 5700 on the fiber uplink port. The switch part number is 1783-BMS20GCN, and the card will not link to the switch. I do have a 1GB sfp installed the the fiber port of the switch, and i think the EN2F is only rated at 100mB/s, however i thought the speed would auto-negotiate.

The Link light on the EN2F is not even flashing, so it seems like its not even trying to connect. I am also using a muti-mode connector to the switch like rockwell recommends, and still no link. Is there any other steps that have be taken in order to make the fiber come online?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or maybe I'm missing one important piece.

Thanks for any help or comments

Fiber SFP will not autonegotiate speed.
Also you need to make sure both SFPs use the same fiber type (multimode or Single mode)

Do you have to have a rockwell approved SPF for this to work correctly? Im currently using some proline sfps, but i just found in rockwells manual that they have to be a compatible SPF?

Could this be the issue maybe? Which it would make sense, seeing that rockwell always has to make life difficult.