Networking 2 PLC's on different subnets

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All. I need to network two CompactLogix on different subnets. One is 192.168.1.22 and the other is 10.10.30.15. Since I have to bring a system down to do this, I would like to get some advice beforehand. I was thinking it would be a simple matter of doing this:
Capture.PNG

but realize they must be on the same subnet for this to work. Any ideas as to a quick and dirty way to accomplish this? Hopefully this is enough info. Thanks

There are many ways to skin the cat but getting a router and setting up 2 VLANs with inter VLAN routing would be the cleanest.

As posted earlier NAT could work but that's not the typical use case for NAT.

You don't want to change the subnet because likely with what you have you would need to change it on a lot of other devices and also setting the subnet mask large enough to compensate the subnets you have would likely gain a lot of other traffic you don't want or need and may cause you problems.