PowerFlex 755 Comms

Tomo453

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I just replaced a blown PowerFlex 755 drive. I set the IP address from the HIM to the correct network address. The drives has no faults, but I do not get the correct System Value at the PLC. I can connect to the drive with CCW at its network address. I have attached a screen shot of the communications test in the PLC programming. Could this be a function of an incorrect subnet or gateway?Capture.PNG

There are a few jumpers on 755, did you mirror those onto the new drive?
Do you see it on RSlinx at same address as the old drive?
What do the indications on the front of drive show?
Did you have a backup 755 parameter file from old drive? (there are a ton of parameters on a 755.

There are a few jumpers on 755, did you mirror those onto the new drive?
Do you see it on RSlinx at same address as the old drive?
What do the indications on the front of drive show?
Did you have a backup 755 parameter file from old drive? (there are a ton of parameters on a 755.

The builder supplied me with the parameters at commissioning and I used CCW to write them to the drive. I do see the drive connected in RSLogix "Who active" at the configured IP address. I see the drive in RSLinx as well. The IP address and subnet I entered at the HIM on the drive. I entered no gateway so this should be at the default value. I do believe that the jumpers are correct. My Status LED is flashing green, and my ENET LED is flashing green. This drive controls a small conveyor. When I force the conveyor on from RSLogix I get no run command at the drive.

download this pdf shows status of lights and whats wrong.
Rockwell Automation Publication 750-PM001E-EN-P
flashing green for both i think is NOT good comms. MISPOKE
STS flashing green = drive ready but not running, and no faults are present.
ENET flashing green = adapter is properly connected but not communicating with any devices on the network.
LINK flashing green = adaptor is properly connected and transmitting data packets on network.

HIM module display will tell you the issue.
Usual suspect is the drive is not enabled by estop.
when you force the conveyor to on thru plc does the HIM display run?
If it does display run, what does the Hz display below it?

Last edited:
Hello, I just replaced a blown PowerFlex 755 drive. I set the IP address from the HIM to the correct network address. The drives has no faults, but I do not get the correct System Value at the PLC. I can connect to the drive with CCW at its network address. I have attached a screen shot of the communications test in the PLC programming. Could this be a function of an incorrect subnet or gateway?View attachment 60553

That GSV is telling you that the drive is in a faulted state.

GSVInfo.JPG

Check your firmware revision. If you had say a version 10 on the original, and you put in a version 14, you will need to match the revision before the project will take it again. If your running version 30 or greater in studio simply go offiline, connect to the drive and do a "match Drive" version 30 and below, if your on Version 31 or greater, use the "Sychronize" button. After that do a download to PLC and it should take it. This is very simple to do if this is the problem. Curious to hear the outcome

You hit the nail on the head

Check your firmware revision. If you had say a version 10 on the original, and you put in a version 14, you will need to match the revision before the project will take it again. If your running version 30 or greater in studio simply go offiline, connect to the drive and do a "match Drive" version 30 and below, if your on Version 31 or greater, use the "Sychronize" button. After that do a download to PLC and it should take it. This is very simple to do if this is the problem. Curious to hear the outcome

I apollogize. I should have updated this thread sooner. It was exactly that, a firmware revision conflict. I was working from CCW at the onset, but eventually went online with RSLogix and found the discrepancy. I was able to "match" the revision, and my communications error went away.