EZTouch HMI Communications.

wolverine1981

Good Evening Everyone,

I am having a problem with establishing communication with an EZtouch HMI.

What I am attempting is to communicate with the HMI using Ethernet from an H2-ECOM100 module by Automation Direct. Also I am attempting to communicate to a group of temperature controllers using Modbus RTU. So I am actually using multiple drivers here 1. Ethernet Drivers 2. Modicon/Schneider Modbus RTU.
The problem is I can communicate with one or the other no problem, but not both. The communication is split up to each screen has its own protocol.

The HMI is EZ3-T6C-E
EZtouch version 2.3.0

Tom

Last edited:
first thing does your laptop see both IPs on your network?
Can you go to CMD window and use ping to see the both?
Is the HMI on a private network, or on a customer network?
Private network is your own switch in your panel with the plc and HMI and other ethernet devices wired to this local switch.
Customer network is a bigger problem since you will have to get the local IT people involved, since its there switch, etc.....

Good morning Jim3846,

This would be a private network. At present time I am just connected straight from the HMI through a crossover cable to the PLC ECOM100 Module no switch to the Ethernet port. The temperature controllers I am using are using serial communication port. It seems what ever one I use as Driver #1 is the one that will communicate the other will not. no TX RX leds at all.

I have reached out to EZAutomation and they are stumped, they said they are working on this but have no luck as of yet.

Thank You For The Help, Its Very Appreciated
Tom