Powerflex 753 to Studio 5000 Error

emomorales

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm having a issue when trying to add additional Powerflex 753-ENETR to my ethernet module list in studio 5000 v31.01.00 pro edition. I currently have 5 of them and 2 endress hauser liquiline 444 units. the PLC is a 1769 L30 ER rev31.011. Is there a cap on the amount of VFD's on one PLC? Or is this a glitch?

In the list of Nodes I can have up to 16 max, I've only used 7.

5ECAB73D-628F-4386-B765-B9D8772C0987.jpg 07B9E1ED-2F20-4C5D-809B-82210CE8FF71.jpg B99C73BC-13AA-4136-87A5-7D5A8CD5EE67.jpg

Last edited:
What error is it giving, or what exactly is happening? No cap on the number of VFDs on a PLC other than the number of communications connections as far as I know.

Thanks for replying,
This is what I get.

Unexpected Error
The software has encountered an unexpected error.
Potential Solutions:
• Restart the application
• Restart the computer
• Contact Tech Support: [email protected]

Thanks for replying,
This is what I get.

Unexpected Error
The software has encountered an unexpected error.
Potential Solutions:
• Restart the application
• Restart the computer
• Contact Tech Support: [email protected]

Oh it's a software issue with Studio, I wonder if it's an issue with V31? I know one of the major revisions from 30-32 had really bad issues, and I think it was 31.

can you use your laptop or rslinx to see if you can see them from your laptop?
That is usually my first step to getting the drive to show up.
There are some additional settings on that 753-ENETR.
Is that 753-ENETR have the last octat to set on that card. make sure its different address from the others. Also the drive fw will impact the AOP selection. Maybe its an AOP firmware higher than the rest of the drives? What i usually try to do is have all the drives at same firmware level.

can you use your laptop or rslinx to see if you can see them from your laptop?
That is usually my first step to getting the drive to show up.
There are some additional settings on that 753-ENETR.
Is that 753-ENETR have the last octat to set on that card. make sure its different address from the others. Also the drive fw will impact the AOP selection. Maybe its an AOP firmware higher than the rest of the drives? What i usually try to do is have all the drives at same firmware level.
The drives are not installed yet. Trying to get all the programming done before.

Okay,
I think I have a solution for this. I went down in the controller organizer/ethernet. Instead of right clicking and trying to create a new module I did a copy and paste for existing aerator drive. The first thing that happened was I got a warning telling me that it renamed the aerator I just pasted to a different name. So I then clicked on it changed it to what I wanted it to be and gave it an address and everything was fine. I clicked save I got no errors so I’m going to run with this . Hopefully by the end of next week or the beginning of the following week I will have some of these newer drives installed. Once I install all this onto the controller I will let you guys know how it all worked out.

Okay,
I think I have a solution for this. I went down in the controller organizer/ethernet. Instead of right clicking and trying to create a new module I did a copy and paste for existing aerator drive. The first thing that happened was I got a warning telling me that it renamed the aerator I just pasted to a different name. So I then clicked on it changed it to what I wanted it to be and gave it an address and everything was fine. I clicked save I got no errors so I’m going to run with this . Hopefully by the end of next week or the beginning of the following week I will have some of these newer drives installed. Once I install all this onto the controller I will let you guys know how it all worked out.
Have you found a better solution for this? I am having this issue with all powerflex drive modules. Generic Modules seem to be working fine but for some reason I cannot get it to create a powerflex drive module for any model drive. I have tried to copy/paste but it crashes with a fatal error when I try to change the IP Address. I am now installing new module profiles so hopefully that will work....

Have you found a better solution for this? I am having this issue with all powerflex drive modules. Generic Modules seem to be working fine but for some reason I cannot get it to create a powerflex drive module for any model drive. I have tried to copy/paste but it crashes with a fatal error when I try to change the IP Address. I am now installing new module profiles so hopefully that will work....

I am currently getting the same error trying to add two different drives a PF755 and PF525. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong.

I am currently getting the same error trying to add two different drives a PF755 and PF525. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong.
I was told to try this and it ended up working for me... Let me know how it goes for you ...

These types of issues are difficult for us to troubleshoot because we don’t have the same tools that the Rockwell support group has but I know a few things you can try.

First try updating your addon profile.

https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductCompareSelections.aspx?dlpop=1&id=53895&crumb=113

Download the file and run it.

AOP for Powerflex Drives and SMCs (all Logix Versions) v15.01.01

Last edited:
I was told to try this and it ended up working for me... Let me know how it goes for you ...

These types of issues are difficult for us to troubleshoot because we don’t have the same tools that the Rockwell support group has but I know a few things you can try.

https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductCompareSelections.aspx?dlpop=1&id=53895&crumb=113

I will have to give that a try tomorrow as it is now 6pm and its almost SimRacing time!

Just to provide as an update, I installed all new EDS and AOP files to get the drives to finally install! Phew.

Thank you for that suggestion!

ANE