ControlLogix - Logix 5582ES Safety CPU. Any special edition of RS Logix 5000 needed ?

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

We have some new machinery coming in with a ControlLogix 5582ES Safety CPU . I would like to update our software before the equipment arrives .
Is there any special edition of RS Logix 5000 needed for Rockwell Automation Safety Processors ?

Thanks again for your help ,

special edition of RS Logix 5000 needed for Rockwell Automation Safety Processors ?

As discussed in that linked thread, the Safety editor is required to work on GuardLogix controllers. It's included in the big Enterprise license, or sold separately like the language editors (ST, FBD, etc). So that addresses the "edition" of Studio 5000 Logix Designer.

The other matter is the version of Studio 5000 Logix Designer to support the hardware and firmware. The 1785-L82ES is one of the newest and most powerful GuardLogix controllers, and you must have Studio 5000 Logix Designer version 31 to support it.

A quick reference for the GuardLogix controller generations and the appropriate versions of Studio 5000 is in RA Knowledgebase article 476521