RS Logix 500

weilerot

I was taking an introductory course for PLCs using RS Logix 500.
When we addressd an input the next time we adrresed another input the address bit would go in automatically. Is this feature something new in later versions of RS Logix? Does the 10 PT starter edition of RS Logix have this feature? I am using an older version of RS Logix, version 4.00.00.60.

Thanks in advance

weilerot said:
I was taking an introductory course for PLCs using RS Logix 500.
When we addressd an input the next time we adrresed another input the address bit would go in automatically. Is this feature something new in later versions of RS Logix? Does the 10 PT starter edition of RS Logix have this feature? I am using an older version of RS Logix, version 4.00.00.60.

Thanks in advance

I have been using RS Logix 500 for about 10 years. I think that feature has been in every version.

This feature is called the Address Wizard.

Click on Tools -> Options -> XRef/Address Wizard.

Because it relies on the cross-reference engine, I think that versions of RSLogix 500 that don't do online-cross reference (Starter and Starter 10-Point) won't have it online. They ought to all do it offline, I think, if the feature is enabled.