External ENCODER signal can give to s7 1200 plc

can give EXTERNAL ABSOLUTE ROTARY ENCODER signal to S7 1200 Plc without SMC(sensor module cabinet)....why?

AND

can give EXTERNAL ABSOLUTE ROTARY ENCODER signal to SERVO DRIVE Double MOTOR Module without SMC(sensor module cabinet)....why?

thank u.....

Last edited:
Reading the other posts from janardhan26reddy I get the impression he's trying to let us do his homework. Maybe that's the reason for the "why". Could be a language issue also, but most people from India I worked with did speak relatively good English.

Kind regards,

can give EXTERNAL ABSOLUTE ROTARY ENCODER signal to S7 1200 Plc without SMC(sensor module cabinet)....?

AND

can give EXTERNAL ABSOLUTE ROTARY ENCODER signal to SERVO DRIVE Double MOTOR Module without SMC(sensor module cabinet)...?

thank u....

external absolute encoders can be directly connected to inputs -
BUT
It is extremely slow and a hell of a lot of programming.
the wiring and control for absolute encoders needs to handle the RPM's.
If this 'Sensor Module Cabinet' is designed to use the encoder then it is better to use it.

If external encoder signals directly connect to s7 1200 plc without SMC.......it will become very slow.....for any main reason......

i'm new student to plc.....plz help me

thank you

read the manual regarding scan times of the PLC
and it's associated program instructions