PanelView Plus firmware and Factory Talk Studio version compatibility

Thanks for the followup !

When you select the Ethernet module instead of the CPU, there's a message that warns you in RSLinx Enterprise, but it's easy to just click "OK" and go past it.

FactoryTalk View Studio 8_2

I just spent the last week fixing and relocating several HMI's 1500. I am a Robot Automation Repairman for Chrysler. I can tell you very disgruntedly that if your HMI's require 5.1mer's and you create those 5.1mer's on a computer running 8_2, you had best make your backups for recovery operations out of 6.1mer's and the 64bit apa's. using the backup/restore utility. I noticed that when you save a runtime program using 8_2 6.1mer's and above offer you the option to "alway maker convertible" 6.0 & 5.1 mer's this option is greyed out. basically making that file usable by the HMI, but it can not be used to recover to an editable version on your PC. So if you corrupt or lose your PC hard drive without a 6.1mer or 64bit apa backup you do not have a prayer to recover. I lucked out and our old 32bit XP computers could run 6.1 version and I was able to take a 64bit created 6.1mer's "always allow conversion" to be restored either on the 32bit 6.1version computer or the 64bit 8.2 version computer. So make sure you save what you need. "Murphy's Law"!!!