Factorytalk View ME Alarm History

Zlinger

New to FTV. When I have an alarm, it pops up on the alarm banner as it should, but there is seemingly no storage of the alarms after they are gone. I have tried using the alarm list object too. I'm sure it is easy, but I am missing something.

The alarm setup editor help file says "Also use this editor to specify trigger data types, Acknowledge All values, the maximum number of alarms in the alarm history, notification hold times and optional connections." But I am just not seeing where I have the option to store alarm data like date/time, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

In the Alarm Setup, go to the last tab. There you can set the maximum number of alarms in the history.

You don't need to specify any alarm data, date/time, etc. There are no options for that.
The history stores everything for every alarm triggered. It's FIFO and there is no other option. Once the alarm history is full it deletes the oldest alarm messages.