Logix5000 tag monitor update

jimpad

When I monitor tags in the "controller tags", "monitor tags" folder I have a bunch of question marks and my data does not update. When I monitor a tag value in the "quick watch" it does update. When I edit a tag value in the "monitor tags" folder it does update, when I edit the same tag in the "quick watch" it doesn't update in the "monitor tags" yet it does in the ladder and in the "quick watch".

What gives?

Do I somehow have to enable auto refresh of the "monitor tags"?

Thanks,
Jim

I'm guessing here, but this sounds like a comms or PC resource issue. I've seen tags sometimes take a little while to update, espcially on a heavily loaded comms link, and I can only think that the odd behaviour you are seeing is similar?

Has it always done this? What has changed?

Last edited:
I've only just started the program so I can't say if something has changed. I really don't think I have much traffic and I'm using the enet connection. The thing that puzzles me is the immediate update if I'm using quickwatch.

The general comment I received from a Rockwell service technician is that it is for "quick and dirty" monitoring of a value and not to rely on any type of consistent performance. If you want to monitor reliablly within RSLogix 5000 use the trending.

I have also seen this issue running 13.0.2 & 13.0.3

Darren