PLC Simulator

Badger

Keep geting Invalid username everytime I try to log on to the PLC simulator at the top of this page, any tips on what I am doing wrong.

it appears that you need to create an account for using the simulator. I just tried using my username and had to create an account using my current forum username...

You're welcome.

Even reviewing the help file, I could not get that thing to work properly. Simple Input (I/0 n.o.) and not T/1 => T1. When I run it, the i.d. for the timer contact turns into question mark. Tried various combinations of T1, T/1, and it would not keep that i.d. Finally said the heck with it ...

Same here wrote a simple code pushed the input button, nothing happened, and no END instruction that I could find anyhow got fed up and will have another try tomorrow. Yeah it was in run.

I tried it once, beside needing a different login you need to "refresh" it. I suspect that different browser handle it differently so you might try a different browser.

The site simulator can be made to work, but you do have to wait awhile on each change for the back-and-forth communication. If you want a better simulator, get a copy of the Omron ZEN software with built-in simulator program. It works really well (no waiting). Also LogixPro from thelearningpit.com is an easy-to-use RSLogix500 simulator program.

check the help file...

Hi,

1- The simulator resides on a completely different server and is not at all linked to the forum accounts. For further reference, If you don't log into the simulator for 90 days or more your simulator account gets deleted automatically to conserve resources.

The account there is only for your convenience as you can store the simulation files on the server(or save them to your own computer)to continue using them during another session. If you didn't have an account how would it know it was your file vs student b's or c's...

2- I 'screen shotted' the simulator help section page and linked the image below. Please refer to the bold red text on that page as it's the problem you are experiencing.
Basically, anytime you enter something with your keyboard press the enter key.

That help file is here for your viewing pleasure. I highly recommend watching each/every video there.

help.GIF

3- I'm unaware of any need to refresh a page. It's an Adobe flash program which should work with most any browser. Please let me know if the issue should arise again and I'll gladly investigate.

4- Data transfer in extremely small which means there should next to zero wait time as it runs... in particular on broadband connections it should be 'instant'.
If anyone experiences otherwise, kindly let me know and I'll investigate.

Regarding 'better' plc simulators, I don't know of any other online ones and like to think the PLCs.net plc simulator is worth at least 100 times more than is charged to use it.(Like the website, programming tips, and this forum, it's always been free for ANYONE to use :ROFLMAO: )

Enjoy,