Calculate Rate

kurt.brinker

I am looking to determine my hourly grind rate using weight differences in 5 minute intervals. Basically store tank weight, wait 5 minutes, subtract old tank weight from new tank weight, multiply by 12 and get my rate. Then take my new weight and move it into my old weight location and so on.

I am posting a link to my screenshot so you can see what is running right now. I did the left (running) part on friday and i am looking to simplify it. The one on the right is what i am working on. Is there a simpler way or will this work?

Thanks!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/kurt_02f150/prog.jpg

Kurt, By now you have probably figured out this error:

"Error! Invalid OSR position! OSR cannot be branched with other instructions."

There might be a problem with the way you are using B3:1/0 to reset the timer. It looks like the bit will be latched again before the timer has a chance to reset. When I am looking for a time-based one-shot pulse, I like to have the timer instruction reset itself.

examp.JPG

Lancie1 said:
Kurt, By now you have probably figured out this error:

"Error! Invalid OSR position! OSR cannot be branched with other instructions."

I sure did. :D This is what i am running right now and it seems to work. i will take a look at the logic brownhat just posted and see if its better than this.
Sorry for the crappy quality, my pdf printer isn't working for some reason and so i had to print and scan it.

SLC running average

Kurt:

It´s better to use the same concept, but using a FIFO ( 12 elements one each five minutes), the data coming out from the FIFO has to be substracted from actual data and it´s more realistic than what you´re doing now.

i started reading about fifo's since it seemed like it could do exactly what i wanted but my book wasn't very clear. I've never used one before but the pdf you posted looks very informative. i am going to read it over and see what i come up with. Thants for the link!