Studio 5000 v31 IP address offline

stu

Hi guys
I have a program with is written in studio 5000 v31, which I’ve had to download the latest version to open ?
I have 2 question , am I right in thinking that in the new studio developer you can write your program and have your hmi in the same project ? I know Siemens do that but I thought rockwell have done it to ? If so how ?
And 2nd where is the processor IP address stored in a offline program?
I can’t find it anywhere the processor is 1769-18ER thanks Stu

First question: kinda-sorta-not really.

Studio 5000 is *almost* like TIA portal in that it has Logix Designer (the PLC programming software) and View Designer (HMI programming software for PV5500 series only) within the same package, although they still both open up as separate programs. If you're using any other type of HMI/visualisation that uses FactoryTalk View, then you still need FactoryTalk View Studio. You can launch the FTView projects from within Studio 5000, but it's a completely separate software package with its own license.

Second question: The PLC's IP address is not stored in the offline program. The PLC program doesn't need to know the IP address, only the hardware.

That said, you *can* set the communications path to the PLC and save it as part of the project. That's just a convenience thing so that the file remembers which driver to use and which path to take to get online next time you open it - it's not stored as part of the program and downloaded to the PLC - but if that's been done then you'll be able to see the entire communication path, including the IP address.