Replacement of new S7-315 CPU

Abigail

Dear All,

First of all, let me greet you a "Happy and Wonderful New Year 2016".....

I have a planned job, wherein I will have to replace an existing S7-300 CPU ( 6ES7 315-2AG10-0AB0 ) with a new CPU ( 6ES7 315-2AH14-0AB0 ), replacement unit as offered by siemens sales agent.

I have the original source code of the program, and tried replacing the new cpu offline. In the HW config, I replaced the old cpu with new model. The address stays the same for the DP and AI, DI and DO modules.

I would like to ask, if I am doing the correct thing, since this is the first time I am replacing a different cpu model. What are the things to watch out for? so that I will not be caught-off guard during the installation...oooppsss moment..

Thank you.
Leo

Hi leo

I would just compare the offline file with the online file,I would do a full compare not just compare the blocks you have.
I would also then copy the online data blocks to the offline data blocks.
The only issue I see you will have is that the default values in your data blocks
May be loaded on your download.
Have you a hmi account screen

Donnchadh

Hi Donnchadh,

Thanks for the immediate reply.
This is a caramel enrober machine, and has 7 vfd's, 1 hmi connected by profibus. I will do the file and block comparing when the machine is available, (still in production).

Will post the results later.

Thanks.
Leo

The cpu was damaged due to dust and steam. The control panel was design on top of the caramel enrober and crispy applicator. Since production has to run, we downgrade the controls back to toggle switches, manual start / stop of vfd's, until the replacement cpu is available.

Leo

S7 CPU Replacement

Hello to Everyone,

I was able to replaced the old cpu with a newer model, exact part replacement, and changed the cpu unit in the hardware config, save and compile, then load to the module. After doing the plc restart, the error LED SF and BSF were lit, BSF blinking.

Checking the hardware diagnostic, the faults mention are I/O access error, reading and writing.

On the hardware config, the 7 vfd's are not accessible by means of the bus, this might be when the new cpu was installed. I checked the gsd file, and it's da010404.gsd.

From Danfoss website, the only available gsd files, for VLT2800, are da020404.gsd, da030404.gsd, da020505.gsd and da030405.gsd. There is no da010404.gsd available for download, so i'm stuck at the moment.

Could anyone point me in a right direction, where I can download the danfoss gsd file da010404.gsd.

Appreciate all the help.

regards.
Leo

New CPU_Caramat.JPG DSC04331.JPG DSC04333.JPG

It is almost impossible to see anything in your photos. Take screenshots instead.

Anyway, if you have the original STEP7 project, and merely replaced the CPU, then you should not have to import the GSD file anew.
I think that possibly the new CPU is backwards compatible with the old, so you could have simple moved the MMC card from the old to the new CPU.

Something else is wrong.

Hello to Everyone,

I was able to replaced the old cpu with a newer model, exact part replacement, and changed the cpu unit in the hardware config, save and compile, then load to the module. After doing the plc restart, the error LED SF and BSF were lit, BSF blinking.

Checking the hardware diagnostic, the faults mention are I/O access error, reading and writing.

On the hardware config, the 7 vfd's are not accessible by means of the bus, this might be when the new cpu was installed. I checked the gsd file, and it's da010404.gsd.

From Danfoss website, the only available gsd files, for VLT2800, are da020404.gsd, da030404.gsd, da020505.gsd and da030405.gsd. There is no da010404.gsd available for download, so i'm stuck at the moment.

Could anyone point me in a right direction, where I can download the danfoss gsd file da010404.gsd.

Appreciate all the help.

regards.
Leo

If you only changed the CPU and the IOs are the same; why do you think you should change the GSD?

Based on your pictures, I would suspect an error in the CPU's bus connection, or that the bus settings are changed.

Or maybe the IO units just need a power cycle.

Kalle

Thank you Jesper and Kalle for your help, we are now in operation.

The vfd's installed are new, the supplier informed us to check / replaced the parameter 678, and set it to 3Mb, as it was factory set to 12 Mb.

When kalle mentioned that the error might be on the bus connection and IO's, it prompt me to verify again the analog module card, block settings. One of the block was in a wrong position, and when corrected, the fault was removed, and communication with the vfd's is established.

Really appreciate your feedback.

Regards.
Leo