Can I use the Rsivew studio machine edition software to open the MER file?

True,

You will need to find the development application *.med in order to open it in Studio. The other option would be to find and restore the *.apa file (which is a backed up *.med).

Good luck
Marc

There was a knowledge base article on how to do this retrieval yourself. I am not sure if it is still available. Some things in the MER cannot be rebuilt using this method (from memory parameter files) but all the common functions are there. As far as I know MED stands for Machine Edition Design and MER stands for Machine Edition Runtime.
Regards Alan Case

Similar Topics

Hi, how do I convert 2x Integer registers to a Real? The two integers are from Modbus registers that contain a floating point value, I need to...
Replies
Views
What is the best way to extract the hour and minute from the register that comes from Yaskawa VFD. In studio 5000 I have a register saved as INT...
Replies
Views
I have an Allen Bradley temperature switch that I am trying to use in studio 5000. I am getting the message "Unable to interpret the IODD file"...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I want to ask what may seem a stupid question, as I have a project to send live data to a Yeacode line printer which will print meterage...
Replies
Views
Hi guys , I'm new with Allen Bradley, but I have experience with Tia portal (s7 1200 ,s7 1500) I want to convert my project from Tia portal to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom