universal analog input module??

mordred

has anyone tried the universal analog input module 1746sc-ni8u? If so have they encountered any problems or can think of any safety reasons that the dedicated I/O modules would be better suited for?

I've never used that card, but have given it alot of thought. Looks like it would be a great card for a small machine, with mixed analogs.

I have used other specialty cards from Spectrum, and never had a problem. I use there 120V isolated input card for Motor starter control all the time. I've been considering trying the new 4 or 8 channel pulse card they have.

Ken

I never knew such a thing existed. 4 temperature loops... 4 current transducers... 1 slot... 10 slot rack instead of 13... Hmmmm...

Most Omron analogue input cards are multi input. You can select 0-10V, 1-5V, 0-20ma, 4-20ma or -10V/+10V in the set up window for the card. You can also select which outputs you wish to use and turn them on or off. Also select loss of signal detection etc etc.

If this card will give you all these features, highly recommended. Saves heaps obviously.

This is a truly unique card, it accepts:
voltage, current, thermocouples, or RTD inputs on any channel, all you
have to do is configure the card for the type of input you have.

Ken

yeah it will save a bundle on a project I'm working on I just hope
It'll be reliable enough to handle the environment I deal with. that being capable of near submersible. (high pressure washdowns)

Last edited: