Retaining Values with Mitsubishi

Asaddoris

Hello,
So I have a program that I would like to retain a signed word, and send that to a log file. The program is for process cycle time, to track the operators process time. If I need to write more code in logic that is fine, but I need to be able to store maybe 12 or more cycle times so that I or a manager can review the activity. Please see the attached file for the logic that does the counting and is output as a signed word. Any help would be appreciated.

CT logic.PNG

Ya I had looked into the latch/unlatch in the device settings, I will try this and see. I was thinking that the latch functions would only be good if it was an actual output, on or off. Only other issue then even if it is latched, I imagine I would need to make the code so that I had (x) amount of cycle times I want to retain then, instead of just moving this information into another register. So my thought process would be I want to store 12 counts, make some sort of code that cascades for each of the 12 times it cycles, then start resetting and overwriting that data once the 12 is reached. I hope this makes sense, and will work too!

Garrys link addresses the issue of clearing registers with the reset switch or with power loss or not.
As I understand the question you want a buffer to hold recent values. Since you only want 12 values then my suggestion is to hard code the move to this on each counting up that you already have code for.

my suggestion is to hard code the move to this on each counting up that you already have code for.

I agree with this, do you have any ideas of how, considering I don't have any counters, the code pasted in my first post, is the majority of the code for this, and it outputs as a word. Any suggestions will be appreciated on how to write this or at least some kind of example.