German to English

Dear All,

Hope this post doesn't sound foolish to you all.. Actually I have got a Symbol list for a Concrete Batching plant and unfortunately it is in German language....I could translate most of them from GOOGLE TRANSLATOR but some communication (PLC & PC via Phoenix card) words are difficult to translate....Would anyone please do this for me?

1.... I 56.1 :::::> Stoerung MC
2.... I 56.2 :::::> Start Uebernommen 1 BCD
3.... I 56.6 :::::> Start Ungueltig
4.... I 56.7 :::::> TICKER MC
5.... I 63.0 :::::> Zeil BCD 1

Above commands come from PC (having Batching Software DS400) to the S5 PLC. Unless I56.7 is ON, plant doesn't go in Automode...

Thanks.....

Last edited:
I'll have a go,
It would appear, correct me if i'm wrong, that this may be some form of interface with another machine/equipment.

1.... I 56.1 :::::> Stoerung MC - Machine fault
2.... I 56.2 :::::> Start Uebernommen 1 BCD - Start acknowledge
3.... I 56.6 :::::> Start Ungueltig - Start disabled
4.... I 56.7 :::::> TICKER MC - This may be the name of the Machine/equipment

5.... I 63.0 :::::> Zeil BCD 1 - The machine/equipment is the focus

Perhaps someone with better German will help out.

Steve

Thanks Steve....
I would try to analyze PLC program keeping your translation in mind....Let me see, if i get it correct ...

Yes, S5 plc is connected to an interface PC via Phoenix communication card....
PLC receives signals from PC (The Master) here...
TICKER is not the name of the machine rather Name of the machine is TEKA MIXER.

Can it be that TICKER (one of the meaning is POCKET WATCH) is time displayed on PC, I mean unless PC is started and time is displayed, machine would not run in Automode?