Unity Pro XL - PLC Simulator

Papplebeast

I've been trying to use the PLC Simulator with Unity Pro XL and the PLC connection keeps dropping after 5-15 minutes. If I try to reconnect, it fails. I have to use Task Manager to kill the process, restart sim.exe, and then I can reconnect. The connection drops again after 5-15 minutes. Rinse, repeat.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know why this might be happening and how I could fix it?

Thanks.

System Details
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional, 32-bit, Service Pack 1
Sim.exe File Version: 12.6.5.12
Unity Pro XL version: 7.0-120823C
Installed hotfixes: UnityPro_V70_HF20050524.shf, UnityPro_V70_HF20050594.shf, UnityPro_V70_HF20050890.shf, UnityPro_V70_HF20050593.shf

PLC program devices
PLC: 140 CPU 652 60
Power Supply: 140 CPS 114 20

Last edited:
I don't have an answer, but I have experienced the same problem. I just gave up trying to use it. I now have another processor on a test rack I use for testing.

I haven't had this issue since i upgraded to version 12. I skipped from 7 to 12, not sure if other versions corrected the issue

they put out new versions so frequently now. I skipped 7 and have stuck on 8.1. I don't ever recall seeing version 9, 10, or 11.

As I am between major projects now maybe the next ones we will upgrade to the latest version (13), but 12 seems like it might be destined to stick around longer.

All of the updates have been for the M580 and we've only deployed Quantum (pre-2012) and M340 since then.