Fanuc Robotics - Price of RoboGuide Software

Cydog

Good Morning ,

Just curious , what is the cost of Fanuc Robotics RoboGuide Software ?
Do they still allow that 3 month free trial ?

Thanks ,

Others may be wary of giving prices, because many things in the automation world are highly variable based on supplier location, and supplier relationship. The best thing to do is get a quote from your local Fanuc distributor or from Fanuc (do they sell direct?).

Also call other distributors for competitive prices. You may find out they are region-locked like Siemens and AB. That is, they only allow one distributor to sell in any given area.

Pretty sure Fanuc deals direct. Pricing may be lower if your employer is a official Fanuc Integrator. And I believe its a annual lease similar to ABB's RobotStudio ($1500 USD).

Personally I've been disappointed with Roboguide, to the point I don't bother with it even though I do 3-4 Fanuc robot jobs a year (program thru the TP). I do, however, recommend the RobotStudio.

Thanks . I forget . There is a way you can convert a Teach Pendant program into a readable program that you can see in Notepad , correct. How do you go about doing that ? I guess you need to do that on the Teach Pendant onto a USB device ? Is there any step by step instructions ?

Thanks so much for your help ,

Thanks . I forget . There is a way you can convert a Teach Pendant program into a readable program that you can see in Notepad , correct. How do you go about doing that ? I guess you need to do that on the Teach Pendant onto a USB device ? Is there any step by step instructions ?

Thanks so much for your help ,

I use a USB stick and through the file menu, backup all of the files and then backup all of the ASCII files. LS files of TP files are created whenever this backup function is performed OR when you view a TP program through the web page that the robot hosts.

I'm trying to recall if you can make changes to a TP program by: editting the LS file offline, delete the robot's TP file using the pendant, then restoring the editted LS file into the controller. The last ten robots have been Nachis so my Fanuc recollection needs to be refreshed.

My employer pays about $5000 USD per to maintain a single seat of Robobguide. I agree with jstolaruk, disappointing software.
You can copy the asci text version of TP programs via the robot webpage. Open the webpage by typing the IP Address of the robot in Internet Explorer

Capture 2.JPG
Select TP programs available on MD. This will open a page with all of the TP programs

Capture.JPG
Select the program of interest on this page from the ASCI format column
Capture. 3JPG.JPG
You can copy and paste the text from the webpage to your favorite text editor

Ya. We need more seats as we have as many as 10 robots on the floor at a time. We have been moving the key from PC to PC to with a USB stick to accommodate several programmers. What a pain.

I'm sorry. I'm confused about the robots webpage . So you say if I connect to the robot , a R-30iA , via ethernet , and I open up Internet Explorer , and type in it's IP Address in the address bar , I will get the webpage of the robot and I can gather all it's information from there ? This robot is 10 years old .

Thanks

I believe last time I checked on Roboguide it was around , 5-6 K for us too. We can't justify that on the amount of fanucs we do either.
At the time we were working on a few yaskawa motomans, they gave us a deal on motosim. I have yet to really break into it since we have been so busy.
But I'm excited about it, once I get some time. Basically for time and reach studies.

I'm sorry. I'm confused about the robots webpage . So you say if I connect to the robot , a R-30iA , via ethernet , and I open up Internet Explorer , and type in it's IP Address in the address bar , I will get the webpage of the robot and I can gather all it's information from there ? This robot is 10 years old .

Thanks

Yes, the robot's controller has a ethernet port for TCP/IP and once its IP address is set (via the teach pendant) you can type in the IP address in your browser and access the built in web server. Ten year robot is not old.

Thanks , that is so cool . So on this webpage , I can do almost everything I can do on the teach pendant ? So I can do backups , etc. ? I always get nervious on the teach pendant.

Thanks again ,

It's quite pricy If I recall correctly, something like more than 4 000€ if you buy it alone. I think that you can get a serious discount if you are a potential new integrator on the first robot quote if FANUC wants you to integrate their robots. The updates are also not free.

For comparison, a Staubli licence SRS cost 1500€, no subscription, the updates are free.

And you don't have to program on a virtual teach with F keys. I don't understand how FANUC thought it was a good idea to program offline with a virtual teach in their software.