Prowork Nxt (its Urgent )

sandymax

Hello all

i am using Quantum cpu and started programming in proworx Nxt
i need help about the addressing i am refering to Demo code but i am not getting
in demo code they have used 00001 to 00036 as Digitle outputs and from 00037 to they where using as Memory Digital Outputs i am normally using Allan braedly Plc Pls let me the comparsion

Allan Bradly Prowork Nxt
1) I:0/0 (input addressing) ?
2) O:0/0 (Out put) ?
3) B3:0/0 (boolean digtal) ?
4) N7:0 (Num reg) ?
5) T4:0 (timer) ?
6) C5:0 (counter) ?

Pls send me this infomation its Urgent

Thanks
Sandy

1) 1xxxx
2) 0xxxx (up to limit of actual outputs configured)
3) 0xxxx (after limit of actual outputs)
4) 4xxxx (read/write registers) 3xxxx (read only registers)
5) not numbered
6) not numbered

Modicon 984 ladder logic is basically a free structure program.

1x bits (sometimes inacurratley called registers) are read only and are used for real world inputs.
0x bits (also sometimes inacurratley called registers) are read write and are used for external outputs or as internal memory coils.
3x words are read only and are used for real world inputs such as analog inputs or BCD numbers.
4x words are read write and are used for external analog outputs, memory storage, timer/counter values, and other operations requiring words instead of bits.

Addresses are assigned to real world points in the "traffic cop". Addressing is not dependent on card type or location, does not need to be consecutive, and can have "gaps" (i.e. output card 1 = Ox97 to Ox112, card 2 = 0x1 to 0x16 allowing 0x17 to 0x96 to be used as internal coils). Numbering is decimal and begins at 1. On new systems it is the software setup that dictates if the address is 6 digits (4xxxxx) or 5 digits (4xxxx). Timers and counters do not have dedicated addresses so 4x words/registers are required for preset, current, and elapsed values.

Jim,
I used to work for Schnieder Electric (Industrial Automations Goup/Modicon) Raleigh N.C. along time ago, and in reading your post I will agree with your answer.

3x are registers are assigned to variable analog or digital word inputs. 4x are R/W registers for storage and such.

In reading previous replies I noticed most are still under the assumption of...4 place holders after the disignator of either 3 or 4.
Invariably 3xxxx or 4xxxx may now become 3xxxxx and 4xxxxx (5 place holders) for certain Modicon PLC (IEEE), and it is now wiser to refer to them as 3x and 4x instead of adding the place holder (x) by some count. This holds true for digital I/O as well.
I might also add the fact that in communications between a programmer/developement software program like 984LL as apposed to Concept there is also a bitwise reversal depending on if the PLC is IEEE compliant. ie.
bit 1 in 984LL is bit 16 when an IEEE compliant PLC software developement program like Concept, is used when comminicating with non IEEE compliant PLC!

just a.....bitmore

Last edited:
8-Channel Thermocouple Card 140ATI03000

Thanks friends

Jim
Like in AB Thermo couple card has to initialze (control Word)
what about Proworx How to Confiuger the card ?

8-Channel Thermocouple Card 140ATI03000
Modbus Plus NOM Module, Fiber 140NOM25200

Thanks