Automation Studio

ste1171

Has anyone used Automation Studio? I currently use AutoCAD 2005 Electrical for designing my electrical diagrams. I have seem some demos of Automation Studio and it looks pretty good.

I am looking for feedback from anyone who has used it.

Thanks.

Do you mean Automation Desktop?
I posted the the exact same question a while ago, and there hasn't been much interest.

My personal opinion is that the marketing is better than the product. Many of the promised features aren't actually there yet.

AK

He is refering to this: http://www.automationstudio.com/

It costs less (or did) than AutoCad, has simulator, BOM etc etc. I obtained a demo version that will work in full for 30 days but couldnt get the company to purchase it which made me sad. If you want to try it give them a call and they will send you a CD which can be used in demo for 30 days, if you decide to purchase all they do is give you the key code.

If I was in automation design and was going to choose between ACad and AutomationStudio....Automation Studio would win hands down.

I have been using ACADE since 1998. I love it. It is extremely customizable although this is not for the timid. If you really want to get something out of it you will have to spend some time creating all the special components that you use and set up the menus to make it easy to use them. Once you have done this though, it is a breeze to use. I would never have been able to do the amount of work I am doing now without it.

I just took a look at the website. I did not realize that it was also a simulator. Very impressive! I will have to check it out in more detail before passing final judgment.

software

I purchased Promis-e about 6 months ago...I really like it, though I haven't had a lot of time to do what's really required and that is sit down and configure everything I need to be efficient. Perhaps at our next slow time at the plant I can to that??? :confused: