OT - Perpetual Motion HVAC?

Actually they should place a Seebeck Effect junction in the room between the two units to generate electricity used to run the system. That would enhance the Perpetual Motion efficiency.

years ago (in another lifetime) I worked on household air conditioning units ... one poor family had their (one-piece) window unit chugging away on the kitchen table - with a dishpan to catch the condensation ... it was "sort-of" cool air blowing out the front end - but really hot air coming out the back ... they had seen a display unit running fine in the appliance company's (air conditioned) showroom and figured it would cool things off in their kitchen ...

another guy had his window unit mounted correctly - but then he "modified" it by drilling drain holes in the bottom ... seemed he didn't like the thought of all that condensation water sloshing around in the base pan ... we had to explain to him that the fan was designed to pick up the water and splash it onto the condenser coil ... this design feature gives extra cooling - which explained why his "modified" unit wouldn't cool nearly as well as it was supposed to ... (you're going to have to plug up all those holes, sir) ...

Last edited:
Ron, I put myself through college installing AC and chillers, but my employer did mostly commercial work, and since I was in school I worked half days so I was on new work and not service, so I never saw any of the crazy things people do, but the service guys would tell stories that would just make you shake your head. The things people do boggles the mind.