Backup Factory Talk View Site Edition (Network)

Iangwf

Hi everyone
I'm trying to backup a project in Factory Talk View Site Edition Network (Ver5.10) for the firs time.

It looks like I cannot do it with the application manger, just rename and delete.

On further investigation it appears I have to use FTV Administration Console to do the following.

Backup the Factory Talk Network Directory by selecting the project name in the (Explorer - HMI Server) window on the left, right click and select back up.

Then it I think I have to back up the FTV application by opening the (HMI Server Backup and Restore) utility and backup the application.

What type of file am I looking for to back up with this utility, would it be the (HMI_Server.sed) file ?

I'm a little unsure of the correct procedure to back up every thing I need to for the entire application.

Does any one have screen shots or correct procedure I can use.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks All
Regards Iangwf

Last edited:
I know this does not help you out now - but would highly recommend going to Version 10.

They have a new Distributed Application Manager - and it backs all the servers up HMI / FTD / A&E etc.... in a matter of seconds while the project is running. If you have support and downtime it be well worth the upgrade. Plus you get new TrendPRO included as well now.

Last edited: