Factory Talk View- Machine Edition, Highlight around numeric entry? (Pic)

It's been ages but the highlight shows up on only one because it is the "set initial focus" or something similar.
Not sure about the terms either.
It may be under screen properties.

To get rid of it:

Right click on the screen background
Select Display Properties
Go to Behavior tab
Check the "Disable Highlight when object has focus" check box.

Edit: I guess that doesn't answer why that one. I suspect that if looked at the object explorer, it would be highlighting "NumericInputEnable1", or the first object of that type. I'd have to test to find our for sure though.

Last edited:
To get rid of it:

Right click on the screen background
Select Display Properties
Go to Behavior tab
Check the "Disable Highlight when object has focus" check box.

Edit: I guess that doesn't answer why that one. I suspect that if looked at the object explorer, it would be highlighting "NumericInputEnable1", or the first object of that type. I'd have to test to find our for sure though.

Geeze, not wonder I couldn't find it! Thanks!

Btw... I'm starting to see your profile pic in my mind when I get stuck on a FTV question! :geek:

To get rid of it:

And just so everyone looking at this can know... It was "NumericInputEnable1"

That might come in handy someday!

The reason that particular object was selected is because of the tab index parameter. Every object on your page has a tab index, and at startup, the one with the lowest tab index will be highlighted. If you plugged in a keyboard and pressed tab, the object with the second-lowest tab index will be highlighted, and so on.

Side note: not 100% confident in whether the parameter is called exactly "tab index", but it's something similar to that.

Btw... I'm starting to see your profile pic in my mind when I get stuck on a FTV question! :geek:

Haha, I am forced to use it every day so I have experienced many of these things.

Not too long ago, I met up with a forum member for a beer. The first thing he said was "you look a lot different than your profile picture". That pic is from a movie.