Displaying SINT[64] Array Values on HMI

golftmd13

Does anyone know the right syntax to display a SINT[xx] array offset value onto an iFix 5.5 HMI screen through IGS? We're creating the tag through the database manager as an analog value and getting an odd value back in the database manager and when we run the tag on the screen and pick an offset value to display, it shows all &&& not recognizing it. We're certain that were getting the syntax of the tag right and aren't sure why it won't show the value. We noticed that just reading in a tag that is a SINT alone, that the value shows just fine. Maybe it has trouble with SINT arrays? Any thoughts are welcomed!

So, IGS is a private label of KEPServer. I did this KB article several years ago to help customers working with arrays in the logix controllers.

https://www.kepware.com/en-us/suppo...-handled-in-the-allen-bradley-contro/?q=Array

It may help. Also, if you are dynamically referencing the arrays and are not specifying a data type then the request will default to the default data type which is Float.

In the KB article if your array was named SINT and you wanted element 64 from it you would do the following. Channel.Device.Sint[64]@Short this will request the item as a 16 bit signed integer.

Descriptions of the syntax are in the driver help file as well.

If you Generated tags from the device and are using them then you do not need to declare a data type. These are static address references.