ASCII code for Micrologix 1100

sellis4003

Hello, I am working with a micrologix 1100 allen bradley plc and I need to send and receive ascii code to a sensor device. The syntax for the commands that the manufacture states are the following:

set:LO=xxxx -(to set the low speed)
set:HI=xxxx -(to set the high speed)
I can get this to work using an AWA write command with a ACN command by typing the (set:LO=) in my ST string file and loading the xxxx variable from an hmi into and interger file and using an AIC command.
it works pretty well.

What I am having problems with is how to read information from the sensor.

get:LO=xxxx
get:HI=xxxx...

I am not certain how I can read these with and ARL or ARD instruction.. Or do i need to do something else. I will also need to convert it back to an integer file.

Thank you for your time!!!

Steve

Thank you Geoff for responding. Would I set the string file up the same way. Type the get:LO= into the ST string data file and use that ST address in the ARD instruction???

Hey Guys, I'm still having issues with reading the ASCII. I can seem to write OK but cannot seem to read anything by using a ARL or ARD instruction. I attached a PDF of the program. This is pretty much the example that Rockwell had on their website with a few modifications for the write instruction but I can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Steve