Data Collection

I've only used Factory Talk Transaction Manager for data collection and have never had any issues.

How much data? Store to what, such as text file or database server?

AdvancedHMI has a very easy tool for basic collection to a text file. Just takes a few easy steps to set it up:

- Add a driver to the form
- Set the IPAddress property to that of the PLC (if using Ethernet driver)
- Add a BasicDataLogger to the form
- Set PLCAddressValue property to the address you want to log
- Run the application

A PLCDataLog.log file will be created with the sampled values.

Thanks for the info
I am logging data from integers,counters,timers, mainly
on a spread sheet that I can auto store on a daily basis with a new file each day.

Last edited:
I've heard good things about xlreporter, http://www.sytech.com/product-xlreporter-overview.asp.

I have also used ignition and like their SQL bridge. Advancedhmi should also be considered. First, it's free. Second, it works. Being straightforward is relative, so you need to determine that.

Ignition has a demo, two hours and then reset. Advancedhmi is free. Not sure about xlreporter. So, try the first two for yourself.