PF 525 won't connect CLX ver 21

kekrahulik

So I had an easy PLC5-> CLX upgrade to do before leaving for the holiday weekend - change out a remote rack with 7 cards and replace 4 drives - adding it all into my existing CLX for the line...Well nothing really went right today including a PF525 drive that kicked me.

I added 4 new 525 drives to my IO tree (done this MANY times before). The three 5HP drives had no issue. The 10HP drive has me a bit baffled with the stupid yellow triangle.

I can get into the drive properties from my project in Studio5000. The status at the bottom of the properties window shows connecting and then faulted. On the module tab, it shows as a match, but it is not owned and the state is "unconnected". If I go to the drive tab, I can see all of the drive parameters. From the drive tab, if I compare the drive to the offline, there are no mismatches.

As a possible tidbit, I have the drive set for ADC. However, when I first went to the drive tab, it gave me notice that the configuration wasn't all sent and made me click a download button for the configuration to continue downloading to the drive.

At the physical drive, the HIM module shows the drive to be quite happy - sitting a stopped state - no faults. All of the control parameters are set to EthernetIP.

Looking at task manager, nothing jumps out at me. The controller isn't swamped. The Ethernet card that has the drives shows 104 devices and the Ethernet card CPU is only at 10%.

I have plugged the drive into a different port of the switch.
I tried another enet cable (although I can clearly see the drive over ethernet)
I tried changing the IP Address
I went offline, copied the configuration of another 10HP drive that is working and then downloaded it.
I changed the drive with my new spare.

And yet there it sits, waving that stupid yellow triangle in my face. I need to take the family out of town for a couple days, but then I'll be returning a little early to tackle this before production starts up.

Any ideas out there?

Some of the drive models have a different firmware level support. Is the drive on FW5.0?

Try swapping the head for another drive. Do a P52=2 reset to pair it with the power module.

It's been awhile but you should be able to upload the drive parameters from the VFD, then make changes and download back to the VFD (I think its matching the drive).

I remember having this issue a couple of times and had it part of my procedure for all PF525.