Array Copy in Logix5000

cmac2425

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to copy 3 separate 32 element arrays into one 96 element array. I am using 3 I/O cards and each individual bit is a separate alarm. Once I move the "alarms" into one array I can then use a pointer for my text output to the HMI. I attached what I am doing right now using a FAL instruction but I am getting a control overflow and it's faulting my PLC. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.:D

array_copy.jpg

Your telling your FAL to start at position 64 and process a length of 96. That would try to access postion EOPO_ALARM_INDEXER_ARRAY[96+64]. I think all of your lengths should be 32.

Why not just use 3 COP commands?

Last edited:
^ agreed....No reason for the overhead and complexity of an FAL instruction here. Just do three copy's. Copy Array_1[0] Array[0] 32, Copy Array_2[0] Array[32] 32, Copy Array_3[0] Array[64] 32

I agree with what scott mentioned however, instead of your length being 32 your length needs to be 31, if your copying a 32 array element size 0...31, and also your position location of 0 for the first looks right, however for the second and third try 32 and 63 instead of 33 and 64, see if that will fix your issue.

EDIT*** robertmee said it best no need to use a FAL, you can accomplish the same thing with the COP instruction.

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies, I will try the easy route of just copying the arrays using the COP function. I was trying to make it too complicated.