Omron CQM1H

Dave Steer

Hi everyone
This one should be simple. Can anyone tell me the correct cable for PC to Omron CQM1H-CPU51 PLC using Omron Syswin. I have sjust used the RS232 cable from Omron, but that doesn't work.

Thanks all
Dave

Omron part number CQM1-CIF02 for communications through the peripheral port.

You can also make your own cable for communications with the RS232 port. I'll post it when I find it....

Here it is...

comm_cable.JPG

Dave,

Just for future reference the programming cable for the CQM1H series of PLC's is a CS1W-CN226 (2M) or CS1W-CN626 (6M). The CQM1-CIF02 will only allow connection to the CQM1(Non "H") series of PLC's.

I have used CQM1-CIF02 with CQM1H, CPM2C, CS1, CJ1 using CS1W-CN114 or CPM2C-CN111 adaptor. Advantage with CQM1-CIF02 is that it provides isolation.

SVN

SVN,

I should have been more clearer with my earlier post. It is true that the CQM1-CIF02 with a CS1W-CN114/CN111 will work when connecting to the peripheral port.It is true also that this provides isolation as well. I just did not want Dave to purchase the CQM1-CIF02 with the impression that this will connect directly to the CQM1H peripheral port.

I have found that here in Canada the list price on the CQM1-CIF02 is almost double that of a CS1W-CN226 and Dave would still be required to purchase a CS1W-CN114/111 to connect which is another additional expense.

It is also possible to use a CBL-202(C200HS-CN220-EU Outside Canada)with a CS1W-CN118 which may save some additional $ if this is a concern.
Again I apologize.

You also need the CIF module to connect to the peripheral port I believe although I have never used a CQM1H and never will with the CJ1 available.

The cable diagram above is correct for the CQM1 or CQM1H.
If you turn on DIP switch 5 on the CPU (under the cover where the battery is located), and cycle power to the PLC, this will override the internal settings for the ports, and put both the peripheral port and Host Link ports into Sysmac Way protocol (AKA Host Link), 9600, 7, E,2. You should be able to connect at that point.
Once you are finished your programming, turn DIP Switch 5 back off and cycle power to the PLC to return to the previous port configuration.