Elau C400

Rexythe1

Has anyone here worked with elau C400 controlling Elau servomotors using Elau MC-4 on profibus?

We have a new filling machine from bosch which has 12 Elau servomotors controlled by elau C400.

I have worked extensively with allen bradley PLCs on controlNet and Ethernet but both Elau and profibus are new for me.

What is the basic difference in the new system to the previous ones I was working on? Where can I get the software to program the Elau C400?

Good Day
We have a servodrive C-400, I have gotten EPAS-4, but I have not the manual. Does anybody know where find this manual?

Thanks in advance

The documentation for the C400, the MC4, or EPAS-4? Documentation for the hardware is shipped with the hardware. If you have lost it you can call Elau and ask for a new CD. It is several huge PDF files, and I have not been able to find it online.

EPAS-4 is IEC 61131-3 compatible meaning it has all of the same PLC languages, LAD, FBD, STL, etc so the programming is very familiar. The environment itself takes some getting used to but once you are it is a very nice system. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for answer me

I am to confuse, in other forum I read that with EPAS-4 software I could to programming servodrives C400, but I have read that this software is for PLC.

Does anybody know with Software can I connect to servodrive?

The C400 is a PLC AND Motion controller. You do not need separate software to program the servo drives. EPAS-4 is used for the programming of the single project that is the PLC and configuration / programming of the servo drives.

I wish to buy EPAS-4 software with latest version (V24 SP3). But I'm not sure if I have to service controller with version 22. Do I have to buy EPAS-4 V22 too ? Or already included in V24

is c400 capable of communicating in allen bradley controllogix 5000?

thanks..
I have successfully used Modbus TCP/IP with the C400. It also can easily communicate over Profibus, DeviceNet, and pretty much any Ethernet protocol (if you really want it to. You may have to implement it yourself with Ethernet read/writes, but most have libraries available)

PacDrive Diagnostic for troubleshooting

Dear,
You need ELAU software EPAS4 version 22, but if your program is using version 24, then you need version 24 to log on.
This is required if you want to modify the program.

But if you want to troubleshoot, then you need PacDrive Diagnostic software, which is available free from ELAU site, and is very helpful in troubleshooting.
Download PacDrive Diagnostic, V2.1 is latest, and run it, it is very simple and self explanatory. Yet if you need any help, contact me. If you have any problem getting the software, give me your email address and I will email the software.
If you can download and use the program, send me the diagnostic file with extension .pdi and I will help you if necessary.
Regards,
ali.