What's your preferred terminal block labeling solution?

henry-canvas

Hello,

New to this forum so pardon if this is not posted in the correct board.

I'm looking for a label maker that can print labels for 3.5mm terminal blocks (I'm using the phoenix PT 1,5/S series). I purchased the zack marker strips that phoenix provides and was planning on just sticking labels to them. I was planning on using labels such as "TB1-1", "TB1-2"... to indicate the terminal block number and the actual terminal number for each terminal.

I just bought a Brady BMP21-plus thinking that it will be able to do everything I need but it turns out its "terminal block" mode is very limited in what spacing you can actually select (only integer millimeters, and none less than 6mm even though the label maker is physically capable of printing much smaller than that).

This is my first electrical panel (my background is in PCB design) and I've been poring over catalogs and figuring all of this out as I go, so please let me know if I'm going about this completely the wrong way. This is a relatively small project and not something I will do often so I can't justify getting a dedicated terminal block labeling solution such as a plotter, etc.

I'm curious as to how other people here label their terminal blocks.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

I also use Phoenix Contact product. I prefer to print just the numbers in the zack strip and the block identification goes in a KLM-A. Something like the attached image:

IMG_3860.JPG