Factorytalk View

Rehu09

I have been assigned with a project to develop HMI screen with PV1000.
I have to work on line1. I was said that the HMI screen whatever they used at line2 should be same.

So I have open the factory talk view and copied the application of line2.
Now Im unable to figure out how to link line1 plc program and generate new tags for new application.
I have even exported .csv file from line 2 application. I dont understand this .csv files has 1600 tags
Do I have to create 1600 tags or do I have to assign address for all this tags.

I know this is very basic question. I'm sorry I'm completely new to this world

Are you using HMI tag (the folder in the HMI application) or device tags?
Appreciated for your response I don't either of them. I'm literally unable to understand the difference between HMI tag and device tags.

Line 2 has a PV+700. And on line 1 you are replacing a pv 550 with a PV+ that needs to be exactly like line 2?

Copy the .mer from the line 2 PV+700 and load it into a new PV+700 and just change the node.

Line 2 has a PV+700. And on line 1 you are replacing a pv 550 with a PV+ that needs to be exactly like line 2?

Copy the .mer from the line 2 PV+700 and load it into a new PV+700 and just change the node.
I cant because the tags are different in line 1 program when compared to line2.
Only I can use from line 2 is the screens, apart from that I have to work on everyting.

Chances are your PV+ application will not reference all 1600 tags. If it does, well color me impressed and appalled.

There are 2 major ways to reference PLC data in the PV+.

You may create HMI tags(Find this in the explorer tree under the HMI tags -> tags section)
These may be Device Tags(which reference the PLC) or Memory Tags(local to the HMI).

or, you may directly reference PLC tags on the connection of say a button.

If all your tags are 'HMI Tags', You may do a Tag Export, figure out what needs to be changed/adjusted and then reimport into your new Line 2 HMI application.

If your program is directly referencing all the data, well then you get to have fun w/ XML exports of the screens to figure out wth is going on.

Chances are your PV+ application will not reference all 1600 tags. If it does, well color me impressed and appalled.

There are 2 major ways to reference PLC data in the PV+.

You may create HMI tags(Find this in the explorer tree under the HMI tags -> tags section)
These may be Device Tags(which reference the PLC) or Memory Tags(local to the HMI).

or, you may directly reference PLC tags on the connection of say a button.

If all your tags are 'HMI Tags', You may do a Tag Export, figure out what needs to be changed/adjusted and then reimport into your new Line 2 HMI application.

If your program is directly referencing all the data, well then you get to have fun w/ XML exports of the screens to figure out wth is going on.
When I double click on the tags it shows all the line 2 tags. I want to import line 1 plc program and then use the tags. I'm unable to link line 1 program.

If line 2 and line one are exact and going to the same plc, I see no issue, just change the node. The 550 uses PanelBuilder 32 and will look different from the PVP+ as it uses Factory talk and not PB32