Telemecanique TSX17 / PL7 software

andy_1983

Hi,

I’ve been a long time reader, and now this is my first question...

I have a Telemecanique TSX17 PLC which I need to upload the code from, unfortunately the PLC has lost its sticker with the part number on it, hence no other details other than it’s a TSX17.

I have a laptop running DOS / windows 3.11, with the required serial port etc. Plus floppy drive.

My problem is finding software compatible with my laptop, that will install and (I assume) run in DOS. Can someone point me in the right direction? I’ve found limited information already out there, including a link to some software on the Schneider website, it might just be me being stupid, but I couldn’t understand how to install the softwar. My plan would probably be to transfer from a modern laptop to a floppy and then onto my old laptop.

Any pointers from someone experienced with these PLCs would be great, if it was an old Square D, or Texas I’d be fine, but this thing has got me stumped!

Thanks

Andy

Hi, thanks for that, I found those links. The download from Telemecanique is the one I can’t work out how to install. I wasn’t sure if that was the DOS version, or the version that installs with its own operating system...

Andy

Hi, thanks for that, I found those links. The download from Telemecanique is the one I can’t work out how to install. I wasn’t sure if that was the DOS version, or the version that installs with its own operating system...

Andy

inside scheider link's zip-file is password file, it says on swedish:

Installera på dator med DOS 5.x - 6.22.
Om du installerar på W95 och W98 datorer måste du kan kunskap
om hur du sedan ändra i config.sys och autoexec.bat

PC with dos 5.x - 6.22 is needed.
If installation is win95 or win98 then config.sys and autoexec.bat file modification is needed.

inside scheider link's zip-file is password file, it says on swedish:

The English version is near the end of the file. Follow the installation directions in the password file. From what I can remember about installing the software, the file installation order is important.

I have attached the PL7 software manual. See section 2 for installation instructions

Last edited:
Thanks for the pointers guys, i’ll Have another go at this this later today, and let you know hoe I get on.

Andy

I am trying to get this to work as well. I have created a virtual DOS environment with vDOS but when I try to install the software from the PL7-1 folder I get an error that the user interface is missing. Did anyone else have a similar issue?

I am trying to get this to work as well. I have created a virtual DOS environment with vDOS but when I try to install the software from the PL7-1 folder I get an error that the user interface is missing. Did anyone else have a similar issue?
It might just not work with a virtual setup.
Also remember, someone stated in an earlier post that the order of installation disks is important. Needless to say if I recall correctly from many years ago, I had to try the install many times to get it to work.

I’ve had no luck with sorting the install out on my laptop.

I’m trying to do it with floppy disks, so I downloaded the files from Schneider website, and transferred these to floppies.

The files for the user interface won’t install. These do need to go on first. Out of interest I did try to install the programming software without the interface and it did attempt this, but then displayed an error because the interface wasn’t in

If I could install the interface I think the programming software would work. One problem I have is that I think the interface software spanned 2 disks, but I don’t know what files to put on each disk. Another problem is that DOS doesn’t seem able to run/install any of the files.

Andy