HMI Size

ktmtragic

New project is to rip out existing controls 1990 vintage and upgrade to an HMI.
What size would you guys recommend for an approximate 10 function screen and a second page for diagnostics? Got offered a 15" think it is way over kill :unsure:
Thanks

15" does sound like overkill. I'm using 10" widescreen for most projects.
7" widescreen is tempting for the price, but you run out of room quicker than you think.

In addition to the 10 functions, you have title, alarm bar, screen change button, etc.
Download the software and do some simulation runs first. Adjust the zoom setting to get HMI and laptop screen close.

It's a very subjective choice. I think in almost all cases, bigger is better.
How often does the operator have to interface with the screen?
How many operators are on a single screen.

We had a job once specified with a 21" screen.
It was run off a fixed Micrologix with <10 I/O points
However the customer knew that most of the time the operator would be on the other side of the machine and had to be able to read the numbers.
It was something like 1.5" high numbers. It looked ridiculous on the bench but made perfect sense once it was installed.